There is no perfect formula for a 72-Hour Kit. As long as you have food and water for 72-hours you can most likly survive. So, with that being said you need to ask yourself a few questions before creating your kit.
*How many people do I need my 72-hour kit to provide for?
*How much food and water will I need in my kit? (2,000+ calories per day/1 Gal. H20 per day)
*What are my options for food? (keep allergies in mind)
*Do I need to provide for a pet?
*What special needs do I need to prepare for? -diapers, formula, medications, disabilities, sanitation
*What else do I need in my kit? -flashlight, emergency blanket, poncho, whistle, TP, band aids, radio, etc.
*What will I store my kit in? (backpack, duffel bag, plastic tub, bucket, #10 can, milk carton)
*Where do I want to keep my 72-hour kit? (temperature regulated location)
Please click on our list to the left for help and ideas when creating your 72-hour kit. Below are some additional links to help in this process.
Links
2,400 cal. SOS survival food bar
Aqua Blox- 3pack water
No comments:
Post a Comment